The PET wine bottle: a sustainable and less energy-consuming alternative to glass
PET is a better option
The existence of the PET wine bottle is not recent, SGT company has been offering 2 references for several years: BVS 30H and 22H30 necks.
Even if PET does not benefit from a qualitative image because, until now, it was reserved for entry-level wines, it seems that the trend is changing.
Indeed, with the supply problems of glassworks and the shutdown of some due to additional energy costs, wine bottlers are increasingly interested in PET.
PET offers many advantages:
– reduced storage: the preforms are smaller and can be stored more easily than glass bottles.
– reduced weight: a glass bottle can weigh from 330g to 1000g while PET bottles weigh between 50 and 60g, which greatly reduces the cost of transport.
– robustness: PET bottles do not break, which makes them safer to transport and reduces the risk of glass breaking during packaging.
– conservation: PET, in mono and multilayer, guarantees the good conservation of the wine with UV and oxygen barriers.
– carbon footprint: very much in favor of PET compared to glass bottles.
– recyclability: The preforms can incorporate recycled PET and are fully recyclable.
All the news
Moving forward together in 2024!
The entire SGT/SGR team thanks you for your loyalty and wishes you a happy new year 2024! May it bring you happiness and success in all your future projects.